Sunday, July 18, 2010

Linguine Nero


My friend Natalie brought me back from Linguine Nero from Italy and I was "saving it" until I came across the right recipe. I decided on a spicy tomato sauce with shrimp. The linguine has just the slightest hint of squid ink that highlights seafood flavors.

14 oz can of diced tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. red chili flakes (I like mine spicy)
1lb wild shrimp peeled and deveined
Flat leaf parsley for garnish
1/2 cup of white wine
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Olive oil

In a large pan saute the garlic with chili flakes and olive oil being careful not to burn
Add the white wine and heat through for a minute to cook off alcohol
Add diced tomatoes and simmer for 1o mins til slightly reduced
Add wild shrimp (roast in oven with salt and pepper until just barely cooked - the shrimp with continue to cook in the sauce)
Add cooked linguine to the shrimp + tomato sauce tossing together in pan
Reserve some of the pasta water and use if sauce needs more liquid. This will also help the sauce come together.
Garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley and a pull of fruity extra virgin olive oil if desired.

I love parmigiano reggiano on ANY pasta even if it is seafood based- but true Italians would probably omit.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment